Snoring/Sleep Apnea Fox Lake IL
Over 30 million Americans snore on a regular basis. What many don’t realize is that snoring can often be a dental issue, but Infinity Dental of Fox Lake offers a range of treatment for snoring and sleep apnea.
There are a number of reasons people snore or suffer from Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA):
- Age: As you get older you are more likely to snore
- Weight: Overweight and obese people are more likely to snore
- Lifestyle: Drinking, smoking and sedative use increase your risk for snoring
- Sleeping Position: You are more likely to snore if you sleep on your back than on your side or stomach
Snoring vs. Sleep Apnea
Snoring, while bothersome and unhealthy, is can be a sign of a more serious condition: Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). OSA is a breathing disorder which causes a person to stop breathing for 10 or more seconds while sleeping.
Snoring Solutions: Snore Appliance
The most effective and least invasive solution for snoring or OSA is a snore appliance worn while you sleep. Similar to a night guard or sports mouth guard, a snore appliance is a mouthpiece that covers the teeth and properly aligns the teeth and tongue to keep the breathing airway open to prevent snoring.
A snore appliance:
- Repositions the lower jaw, tongue, soft palate or uvula
- Stabilizes the lower jaw and tongue
- Increases the muscle tone of the tongue and throat
Schedule a Consultation
If you suffer from snoring or Obstructive Sleep Apnea, schedule a consultation with an Infinity Dental dentist today. A quick and easy snore appliance could mean more restful nights for you and your partner.