Teeth Grinding Fox Lake IL
Bruxism, more widely known as teeth grinding, affects millions of people. Because most people grind their teeth at night, many are not aware that they have the condition. One of the quickest and most effective treatments for teeth grinding is a night guard. Many people can curb teeth grinding by practicing better dietary habits or relaxation methods, but for those who experience severe grinding, Infinity Dental has the expertise and resources to cure your symptoms.
Teeth Grinding Causes
Approximately 10–15% of Americans moderately to severely grind their teeth. There are several different reasons people grind their teeth:
- Stress or anxiety
- Malocclusion (improper alignment of the teeth)
- Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction (TMD)
- Parkinson’s or Huntington’s Disease
Teeth Grinding Symptoms
- Worn, flattened, fractured or chipped teeth
- Worn tooth enamel
- Tooth sensitivity
- Jaw pain or tightness in the jaw muscles
- Headache or Earache
- Facial pain
- Damaged tissue on the inside of your cheek
Teeth Grinding Treatment
Some people find relief from teeth grinding from a few at-home remedies:
- Cut back on foods with caffeine
- Avoid alcohol
- Do not chew on anything that is not food, such as pens, pencils, etc.
- Relax your jaw muscles at night by holding a warm compress to the area
Teeth Grinding Mouth Guard
If you are still experiencing teeth grinding, an Infinity Dental dentist can custom fit a mouth guard for you. This mouth guard is worn at night and is custom made to fit over your teeth and prevent them from coming into contact with each other and grinding. Most patients try a teeth grinding mouth guard and are extremely happy with the results – less pain and more comfortability in the jaw and mouth.